Bread & Pastry Workshop
With Bread&Pastry Workshop, it was aimed to provide Syrian refugees and home owner society members an occupation by improving their theoretical and practical agricultural knowledge and skill about bread- and pastry-making with the organized training programs. It is also among the objectives of the project to expand the areas of use of local wheat and varieties with the high-quality breads and pastries produced using whole wheat flour by using the wheat varieties grown in the region based on the exclusive recipes that were created, and to enable the involved women to gain sustainable incomes with the revenue obtained from the project.
In the workshop that is still active, the students of each period complete their theoretical trainings at the Public Education Center and then receive practical on-the-job training in the kitchen of Cersis Murat Mansion. The students receive lectures of bread and pastry production, occupational health and safety, basic living skills within the scope of the project.
- Republic of Turkey Ministry of Labor and Social Security
- Grand National Assembly of Turkey, Administrative Supervisor Ceyda Bölünmez Çankırı
- Governorship of Mardin
- District Governorship of Mardin Artuklu
- Municipality of Mardin Artuklu, Public Education Center
- United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR)